Skip to main content

So far

Interestingly, my move to Edinburgh has brought about a few things that has surprised me.

It has been a week since I've moved here, living with my Aunt, Uncle and 3 younger female cousins is quite...comfortable and family like. The feeling I get from them is...in a way...the feeling I've missed or not had from my own family. The Aunt and Uncle talks and asks how I'm settling, the younger cousins and I talk, exchange cheek and...they feel like the siblings I've wanted! Also they all play a part in house hold chores.

Secondly...I've stopped chasing after Cathy. I finally realised, being persistent to the wrong person can be tiring and may very well ruin a good friendship. I think she knew from the start that I expressed interest in her but never gave any signs as a way of being nice to softly decline my advances. Fair enough.

Thirdly, Michelle and I when we first met bickered at any chance we had! When meeting up...through What'sapp....text...you name it! Yet...I've developed a particular liking towards her. We've been texting each other...I "tested the water" by sending her flowers last week as a way of thanks for making me a "good luck with new job" card. I also ordered her another bunch of flowers for this coming Wednesday because she's at uni on Valentines Day itself. I am eager to know how she responds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday 18th December

I have been drinking for almost the whole week...about 4-5units a time and have noticed that its not good for me...I can't think straight, I can't focus, I am losing motivation and its getting very depressing. OK, my ex girlfriend has got a new boyfriend shortly after the break up...it hurts. Deal with it better! OK, there's this girl I like but doesn't feel the same...it hurts. Deal with it better! My best friend, Adam, you are an irreplaceable in every sense of the word. Thank you for being there when I needed somebody the most and for giving me good enough reasons to hang on to what is left of my sanity. Now that I've sobered up a little can I realise that I am the one stopping myself from progress of any kind. With the Xmas period round the corner, a few drinks will be fine, then afterwards I'll go 2 months without it and see what happens. During this time, I'll catch up on the reading that I have to do and get my "to do list" knuckled d...

Confused state of betrayal

With great sadness, my gran from my father's side passed away on 8th October 2017. A month later, her funeral was held. At the funeral I saw some of her church friends and other relatives that I had not known before. I learned my gran was more talkative than I knew and enjoyed the church events to gather with her friends. When all was done and her ashes were put next to Granfather, we thought; "this is it, all is done". Little did I know it wasn't. Upon the Clan's arrival at the flat, an "idea" was proposed to withdraw half the equity from the property simply because "the parents lived here for a long time" and it was "(grand) father's idea to purchase this very one". Yeah...please note 2 things...who paid the deposit and who paid for the finances?? Answer: non of you. You cheeky fucks who are my blood relatives ALL lived, fucked, procreated, eat, shit, dreamed and used this place at my father's expense. Y'all want a...

"Change/s" does it really happen?

I've been thinking to quite an extent on this one..."does a person change as such?" From what I've experienced in life, certain behaviours are learned and others are expressed through the change in environment (externally) and/or with respect to the person's current situation. Here's an example. Have you ever met somebody back from school who was plain bad? Smoking, causing disruption in class, had fights at school and perhaps bullied you or someone you knew? I'm very certain many of you, including myself, has memories of at least a few. Fast forward a few years (in SOME cases) that bad ass has turned out to be a father...with a job...living in an alright apartment and gorgeous girlfriend/partner. "How did that happen!?" will play through most of our minds...and I think i've got an explanation for the phenomenon. Every human born, no matter where you're from is not naturally bad. It is your environment that shapes you to be the way...